The U3A movement in New Zealand is a collection of local U3A organisations who all support the general aims and directions of providing life-long learning opportunities for their members in their ‘third age’ using the skills of their members gained during their ’second age’.
U3A Port Hills was established in 2006 and had been an outstanding success ever since. The group is designed to appeal to those over 55 and there is no upper age limit for membership.
Over 80 people attend our Monthly Meetings and value this meeting and our Interest Groups which vary in size from 4 to 22 members per session.
The government has now announced the removal of most of the Covid restrictions and mandates. Interest and study groups can continue to meet at the discretion of the group coordinators but if in doubt, members should consult with their coordinators.
Full Wednesday meetings at St Martins Presbyterian Church can now proceed as normal but we ask our members to continue to exercise prudent caution and mask wearing is still highly recommended.
- You must still stay away if you are unwell!
This can still be a difficult time, so don't feel that you are alone! Help is at the other end of a phone!
- The dedicated Covid helpline can be reached on 0800 355 5453 or for general health concerns 0800 611 116. All medical services are still operating so if you need them - ring them.
- For Lifeline ring 0800 543 354
- Need to talk to a professional? Dial 1737 for free counselling services.
- Age Concern (Canterbury) offer a number of support services and they can be reached on 366 0903
Or If you just want a friendly person for a chat then some of our committee members can be reached on their numbers published in the September 2021 Newsletter available on this website.
This is an ever-evolving situation and you would be wise to check this website regularly for updates.